Counsellor, Vancouver, BC, Art Therapist, Anxiety, Depression, Highly Sensitive Person, Stress, Empaths, HSPs, First Responders
Thank you for visiting!
First I want you to know it takes a lot of courage to reach out for support. So I want to commend you on taking this first step.
My name is Heather Hassenbein and I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor and a Professional Art Therapist located in downtown Vancouver, BC.
People seek counselling for a variety of reasons. Sometimes people come in for a quick check-in, others come in for a specific concern, while some are not entirely sure except they know something does not feel right. The bottom line is you do not have to have a major problem or exact reason to meet with a counsellor. A person wanting to make changes or figure things out is reason enough to come in and talk.
I work with teens, adults, and older adults who tend to be empaths and highly sensitive people (HSPs) who experience anxiety, depression, stress, and overwhelming emotions.
I am an approved provider with ICBC, First Nations Health Authority (FNHA), Arete, and Optima Health.
I look forward to working with you. And I am here whenever you are ready to get started.
Read the COVID 19 Safety Plan
In-person appointments will resume Tuesday June 2, 2020. Here is what you need to know:
- Covid-19 Safety Plan: Clients are required to read the new COVID 19 Safety Plan which includes new policies and procedures to reduce the risk of transmission of Covid-19.
- Reduced availability: In-person appointments will be limited going forward to reduce the number of clients visiting the office. Visit my booking calendar to see my current availability.
- Covid-19 Screening Questionnaire: 24 hours before your in-person appointment clients will be required to complete a Covid-19 Screening Questionnaire. After I review it, I will either accept your appointment or ask you to reschedule.
- Symptoms: If you have symptoms of a cold, flu, or Covid-19 including a cough, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, and/or fatigue OR you have been in contact with someone with these symptoms, you must cancel your appointment.
- Cancellation Fees: All late cancellation fees will be waived for the remainder of 2020.
- Online Counselling: Online counselling sessions will continue for the foreseeable future.
Let’s all continue to stay mindful and safe.
READY TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT? GREAT!!
You can make an immediate appointment with me using the online booking system by pressing the “Book an Appointment” button below.
You can find me at 525 Seymour Street in downtown Vancouver where I work with other mental health care practitioners. (See map at the bottom of page.)
Counsellor Vancouver, BC Heather Hassenbein Art Therapist Empath Highly Sensitive Person HSP First Responder Counsellor BIPOC Counsellor Black Counsellor Downtown Kitsilano Art Therapy for Seniors Art Therapy for Care Homes